Host a 4th of July Party!
Celebrate summer in your own backyard with a festive 4th of July bash. Break out the barbecue grill, the sparklers and the picnic fare. Sit back and watch friends and family get starry-eyed at your fun-filled Fourth festivities.
The first step to every great backyard bash is a great set of decorations. Light up your outdoor space with these great 4th of July ideas.
- Repurpose candles that you already own for Independence Day in a snap by placing red, white and blue rubber bands around the container, each band touching the one below it to form a pattern of stripes. Or, make your own patriotic candles using mason jars, colored rice and tealights.
- Place candles around the yard to provide light without distracting from the fireworks, or use them as centerpieces by placing them on top of red, white and blue bandanas at each table.
- A wreath is an easy way to greet your guests with American spirit before you even open the door. Find inexpensive ones at retail outlets or make your own with inspiration from these stores.
- Don’t forget red, white and blue serveware, dishware and utensils. Check out Pier 1 for fun ideas for tabletop décor.
Amp up Activity
The Fourth is fabulous time for some family fun! Here are a few activities that are sure to please you and your pint-sized patriots!
- Kids can create their own star-spangled banners on a sidewalk or patio with a star-shaped sidewalk that you make together.
- Our forefathers have spoken – and designated patriotic bingo as a great way to entertain guests of all ages. Print your own bingo cards with a 4th of July twist to use at your get-together!
- After your 4th of July backyard or block party, attend a neighborhood or community fireworks show. You can enjoy fantastic fireworks without expense or worry of fire if your area has been affected by drought.
Fourth Fare with Flair
Impress your guests before the fireworks start with these tasty treats!
- Think kid-friendly and easy-to-eat. For a clever twist on an old-fashioned weenie roast, try a rocket dog. Perfect for a 4th of July party, hot dogs are wrapped in refrigerated bread dough, skewered and topped with a triangle of cheese. Kids will have a blast (and so will adults)!
- Everyone will cheer for red, white and blue popsicles. Plus, they’re a great way to keep cool in the July sun!
- For a dessert that will really make your table pop, check out this Firecracker Cake from Betty Crocker.
Looking for a new backyard? Contact one of our New Home Specialists today.