Moving Checklist and Timeline
Avena Plan 2 | Inland Empire | Pardee Homes
Congratulations! You’re moving into a new home, and hopefully it’s one from Pardee Homes. From packing to transferring your utilities, there’s a lot to do before your big move-in day. Use this checklist and timeline to help keep everything on track.
Two Months Out
- Sort through your closets, drawers or any areas that may require a little more attention.
- Create “keep,” “donate/sell” and “recycle” boxes.
- Reserve transportation and book loading and unloading help (if you don’t plan on doing it yourself).
- Start planning how to arrange your furniture in your new home.
Six Weeks Out
- Have a garage sale.
- Notify services that you will be moving and start obtaining important documents (from banks, doctors, etc.).
- Request any necessary record transfers between schools.
- Research dental, medical and veterinarian providers and ask about referrals for your new area.
One Month Out
- Buy boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other important moving materials.
- If renting, notify your landlord 30 days or more before move-out.
- Your loan officer will be communicating with you.
- Cancel current utility services and pre-select your phone, cable and/or internet service package.
Three Weeks Out
- Transfer current prescriptions to your new local pharmacy.
- Start notifying friends, family and important businesses of your move.
- Arrange any child/pet care you may need on moving day.
Two Weeks Out
- Confirm your document signing appointment.
- Pack, pack, pack!
- Pack a suitcase for moving day with all the items you’ll need for your first night in your new home (toothbrushes, toilet paper, pajamas, etc.).
- Confirm scheduled packing and/or loading days.
One Week Out
- Keep packing
- Don’t forget your checkbook and valid ID when going to your signing appointment.
- Visit www.usps.com/umove to submit your change of address online.
- If you’re moving with kids, pack a bag with snacks and games to keep them entertained on moving day.
- Pick up your keys from the New Home Gallery.
- Unpack and get organized.
- Remember to celebrate!
Thinking about moving into a brand-new home from Pardee Homes? One of our New Home Specialists would love to help you.