Your Spring Cleaning Checklist
Cresta Plan 1 | Los Angeles | Pardee Homes
Spring is upon us, and it’s time to freshen up your home with a bit of spring cleaning. It may not be everyone’s favorite chore, but giving your home a deep clean can be very satisfying once it’s done. Not sure where to start? Read on for a room-by-room spring cleaning checklist.
The kitchen is the heart of the home, and it’s also where germs love to hang out. Check through these items to get your kitchen spick and span, and promote healthy living for your household.
- Wipe down countertops, walls and other surfaces with a disinfectant cleanser.
- Wash any dish towels or rags.
- Clean out the refrigerator, throwing out any old or expired items.
- Remove cob webs from ceiling and floor corners.
- Sweep and mop floors, paying special attention to corners and hard-to-reach crevices.
Pro tip: Make a handy solution of lemon or lime juice, water and vinegar, and spray inside your sink after washing dishes to add a fresh citrus aroma to your kitchen. Be sure to rinse clean after a few minutes.
Aside from the kitchen, the bathroom is probably the next most frequently used room in the house. Spending a little extra time cleaning here can go a long way.
- It goes without saying that the toilet should be cleaned with a disinfectant. This includes the area on the floor around and behind the toilet.
- Clean the shower with a mold-fighting disinfectant, including the ceiling.
- Whiten tile grout with this easy-to-make cleanser: Mix together 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide and 1 tsp of dish soap. Apply to grout, let sit for five to 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Go through your cabinets and discard any expired medications or products.
There’s nothing better than waking up in a freshly cleaned bedroom. Try the following to help you and your family start and end their days more comfortably.
- If needed, switch winter linens to something lighter.
- Wash the pillows. Most can be machine washed; check the labels to make sure.
- Clean any window treatments, whether it’s wiping the blinds with a microfiber cloth or tossing the curtains in the washing machine. Check the labels first; some material may be dry-clean only.
- Dust the furniture, then vacuum the floors. Spot-treat any carpet stains with a carpet or steam cleaner.
This is a good area to keep cleaning supplies, and it’s also a great place for storing kids’ book bags, shoes, gym gear and more. Check these tasks off to keep your laundry room as clean as can be.
- Wipe down the walls, washer and dryer surfaces, and cabinets. After all, it can get pretty dusty in here.
- Vacuum lint from the dryer with a narrow vacuum cleaner extension. Also, vacuum beside and behind the washer and dryer.
- For a thorough cleaning, sweep, vacuum and mop the floor.
- Organize miscellaneous items in a decorative basket or storage bin.
When you live in a home from Pardee Homes, it’s easy to stay neat and organized all year long. Our homes are designed with open floor plans that follow the flow of everyday life. Flexible room options like lofts, dens and home offices give you the freedom to create the space you need, and HealthSmart® features contribute to healthier indoor air quality.
Ready to move into a clean, sparkling new home? Contact a New Home Specialist today.